Monday, March 24, 2008

Fave Five: Banana Republic

I could easily spend all my money at Banana Republic and, true to form, they have great pieces for spring. My favorites:

Paisley silk shirtdress ($130)
I love dresses for spring and summer. You have your whole outfit in one shot. It's easy to commute in the heat in flipflops, then throw on a cardigan or jacket and heels at the office. Paisley + silk = love.

Greenwich shoulder satchel ($228)
White leather is a classic rich-looking summer handbag. This one has nice hardware details, a nice compact shape, plus it fits over your shoulder (a must in my book). In my fantasy life, I can see myself carrying this to lunch in Palm Springs... sigh...

Oriana shielded sandal ($78)
With it comfy looking shape and slightly polished look, I could this being worn with everything from jeans to dresses. I also like the silver version.

Cotton chunky sweater jacket ($98)
It's not a jacket... it's not a sweater... it's a sweater jacket! Perfect for slightly cool days when you don't want a jacket or aggressively airconditioned offices. It also has a cute vacationy vibe to it.

Lightweight wool A-line dress ($99.99)
Another good summer work dress. I like the forgiving, flattering A-line cut and the fact that the look can be completely changed with different shoes, jackets, sweaters and accessories.

No comments: